Sany opens facility in China
Equipment World Staff | August 30, 2012
Sany has opened a new excavator factory near Shanghai, China, which can produce an excavator every five minutes.
The $818.5 million facility, which uses a computerized production-management system, is located at the 10.7 million-square-foot Lingang Industrial Park with 5.9 million square feet of manufacturing space. The facility features 43,000 square feet of gardens, reflection pools, bamboo stands and marble patios; the gardens include palm trees, flowers, grass and fountains.
The factory, which will primarily produce 20- to 30-ton excavators, will automatically transport excavator structures and components through underground tunnels in an effort to optimize production.
For more information, visit sanygroup.com.
MORE FROM Uncategorized
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts552 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse446 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers124 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects69 Views