Sany opens facility in China
Equipment World Staff | August 30, 2012
Sany has opened a new excavator factory near Shanghai, China, which can produce an excavator every five minutes.
The $818.5 million facility, which uses a computerized production-management system, is located at the 10.7 million-square-foot Lingang Industrial Park with 5.9 million square feet of manufacturing space. The facility features 43,000 square feet of gardens, reflection pools, bamboo stands and marble patios; the gardens include palm trees, flowers, grass and fountains.
The factory, which will primarily produce 20- to 30-ton excavators, will automatically transport excavator structures and components through underground tunnels in an effort to optimize production.
For more information, visit sanygroup.com.
MORE FROM Uncategorized
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker263 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges126 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver124 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase111 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon106 Views