Sany opens facility in China
Equipment World Staff | August 30, 2012
Sany has opened a new excavator factory near Shanghai, China, which can produce an excavator every five minutes.
The $818.5 million facility, which uses a computerized production-management system, is located at the 10.7 million-square-foot Lingang Industrial Park with 5.9 million square feet of manufacturing space. The facility features 43,000 square feet of gardens, reflection pools, bamboo stands and marble patios; the gardens include palm trees, flowers, grass and fountains.
The factory, which will primarily produce 20- to 30-ton excavators, will automatically transport excavator structures and components through underground tunnels in an effort to optimize production.
For more information, visit sanygroup.com.
MORE FROM Uncategorized
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure221 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards82 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?82 Views