Sany motor graders to enter North American market in 2014
Amanda Bayhi | October 30, 2013
Sany’s Road Machinery division will enter the North American market next year with three models of its motor graders, Sany Road Machinery chairman Xie Zhixia recently revealed in an interview with KHL.
The Chinese equipment manufacturer’s Road Machinery group already sells to the South American, Middle Eastern and Asia Pacific markets, with 15 percent of the division’s total revenue generated by these exports.
Zhixia told KHL that Sany expects the move to increase export sales to 30 percent of total revenue in the next three years and 40 percent in the next five years.
According to the KHL report, Sany’s Atlanta plant will assemble the SMG 160, SMG 200 and SMG 230 motor graders, all of which are powered by Tier IV Cummins engines.
Sany plans to feature the graders at ConExpo-Con/Agg in March.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group154 Views