Sany promotes director of engineering and development for crawler cranes
Equipment World Staff | October 16, 2012
Sany has promoted John Lanning, formerly the company’s research and development director for crawler cranes, to director of engineering and development for Sany crawler cranes globally.
Lanning’s new post carries with it two titles, including deputy general manager of Sany Heavy Industry. His main duties will be as director of the R&D Institute of Sany Zhejiang Equipment, previously known as Sany Science & Technology. The company is based in Huzhou, a city located two hours west of Shanghai. Sany is moving its global crawler crane manufacturing and development operations to Huzhou.
Lanning’s duties will include product development for the domestic Chinese market and global markets. He will continue his work developing crawler cranes for North American customers.
Lanning joined Sany America in January 2010 after 40 years at Manitowoc, P&H and Link-Belt. He directed design of the 330-ton Sany SCC8300, the company’s first self-assembling crawler crane, as well as the 550-ton SCC850.
MORE FROM Press Releases
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2276 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1273 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority624 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles605 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project552 Views