SAF-Holland restructures China business
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 18, 2011
SAF-HOLLAND S.A. has restructured its business in China. The entire production and administration has been consolidated in Xiamen. To that end, the production of trailer axles has been relocated from the Jinan location to Xiamen, and the Jinan location has been closed.
SAF-Holland (Xiamen) Co. Ltd. sales and marketing have been centralized in Shanghai, with Frank Chao serving as the new general manager. Chao has more than 22 years of experience in the construction and truck industry.
Trailer axle systems and trailer landing legs are currently produced in Xiamen.“We will rapidly expand the location into a hub for SAF-HOLLAND’s entire Asian business, with a principal focus on the developing China transportation market”, says CEO Rudi Ludwig.
The Group expects significant growth in the region over the next four years. “Products that focus on the price and quality standards of the Asian market will also help us achieving this. Our goal is to offer a complete product range for trucks trailers from the Xiamen location”, according to Ludwig. The Group currently employs about 270 people in China
MORE FROM Industry
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker276 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges256 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes225 Views
- Report shows sharp decline in commuting across America188 Views
- NAPA announces winners of national paving awards137 Views