SAF-Holland restructures China business
SAF-HOLLAND S.A. has restructured its business in China. The entire production and administration has been consolidated in Xiamen. To that end, the production of trailer axles has been relocated from the Jinan location to Xiamen, and the Jinan location has been closed.
SAF-Holland (Xiamen) Co. Ltd. sales and marketing have been centralized in Shanghai, with Frank Chao serving as the new general manager. Chao has more than 22 years of experience in the construction and truck industry.
Trailer axle systems and trailer landing legs are currently produced in Xiamen.“We will rapidly expand the location into a hub for SAF-HOLLAND’s entire Asian business, with a principal focus on the developing China transportation market”, says CEO Rudi Ludwig.
The Group expects significant growth in the region over the next four years. “Products that focus on the price and quality standards of the Asian market will also help us achieving this. Our goal is to offer a complete product range for trucks trailers from the Xiamen location”, according to Ludwig. The Group currently employs about 270 people in China
MORE FROM Industry
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141017 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields348 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers268 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG266 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future265 Views