Bug your Congressman
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association says there is a need for intense pressure on Congress to get a new six-year reauthorization and avoid an 18 month delay. How to do it? This is the ARTBA way:
You can reach members of Congress and their staffs at their state and district offices, or in their Washington, D.C., offices by calling the ARTBA Action Hotline at 888-448-2782. Deliver the following messages:
22,000 Americans die because of deficient roadways each year. That’s 22,000 reasons why Congress should complete action on a multi-year bill, either by the end 2009 or in early 2010.
Action on a bill is a critical follow up to the stimulus law and will help promote job creation and economic recovery. It is the real “second stimulus.”
Urge them to speak with their colleagues on the House Ways & Means and Senate Finance Committees and make generating sufficient revenue for a $450 billion bill a priority.
Tell them about your company’s personal story, and how inaction and delay will lead to layoffs and deferred purchases.
MORE FROM In the Magazine
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)804 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects647 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D391 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)294 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots289 Views