RoadWorks: We need the right kind of green shoots
Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks North America, which already have common ownership under Volvo AB, merged Nov. 1 into a single organization called North American Trucks. A Mack spokesman says the company will continue to operate both the Mack and Volvo brands and maintain both sales organizations. The Volvo Group says the merger was made to improve the group’s profitability and efficiency as well as to align operations more closely to North American Trucks.
Allison Transmission announced the introduction of 2nd Reverse, available in mid-year 2010 on all Allison 4700 and 4800 Rugged Duty Series, Emergency Vehicle Series and Specialty Series models.
Navistar, on Nov. 2, concluded an agreement to acquire certain assets and the membership interests of Continental Diesel Systems to manufacture key fuel injection components for its MaxxForce diesel engines. The company says it also will establish a dedicated research and development facility to support its diesel power system components.
In the November 2009 issue, in the article “Want Optimum Density? Get Smart” (p 20), Dale Starry was incorrectly identified. Starry is director of strategic technologies for Volvo Construction Equipment.
MORE FROM In the Magazine
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)475 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says256 Views