Roadtec Inc.: A broom that’s twice as strong
Roadtec’s new 83-horsepower self-propelled FB-85 broom features 14,000 pounds of construction-grade axle capacity, which is twice the strength of competing models, according to the manufacturer.
A telescoping broom head allows the operator to switch brooms quickly without the need to change out broom head and a side-shift feature prevents tire wear when sweeping next to a curb.
The broom drive motor can be mounted on the right or left side of the broom head allowing flush-sweeping on the right or the left side. The machine features sealed brakes to keep dust and debris out, and the hood can be fully raised to make maintenance easier.
A Caterpillar 3.4-liter, 4-cylinder diesel engine powers the broom. The variable width broom head can rotate 33 degrees to either side and broom widths between 72 inches and 96 inches can be used.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding556 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable412 Views
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014339 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views