Road Science Tutorial
For rigid (portland cement concrete) pavements, preservation techniques include:
Patching, joint sealing and joint and spall repairs, followed by diamond grooving and grinding to restore ride quality;
Full-depth patching with load transfer retrofit, followed by diamond grooving and grinding; and
White topping (not unlike a thin HMA overlay, but using a fast-curing, high-durability concrete mix).
Information contributed by Kraton Polymers appears in this article.
MORE FROM In the Magazine
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)503 Views
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects464 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign268 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says257 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers230 Views