Ritchie posts $203-million single-auction record
Marcia Gruver Doyle | February 21, 2012
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers says it held the world’s largest heavy equipment auction in Orlando last week, breaking multiple company records, including gross auction proceeds ($203 million), number of lots sold (10,000-plus); registered bidders (8,670) and sellers (830). Online records were also set; there were 4,700 online bidders, with online gross auction proceeds of $47 million.
Registered bidders from 88 countries and all 50 states participated in person and online. Thirty-six percent – or $73 million – sold outside the United States.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?439 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views