Ritchie posts $203-million single-auction record
Marcia Gruver Doyle | February 21, 2012
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers says it held the world’s largest heavy equipment auction in Orlando last week, breaking multiple company records, including gross auction proceeds ($203 million), number of lots sold (10,000-plus); registered bidders (8,670) and sellers (830). Online records were also set; there were 4,700 online bidders, with online gross auction proceeds of $47 million.
Registered bidders from 88 countries and all 50 states participated in person and online. Thirty-six percent – or $73 million – sold outside the United States.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident874 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?554 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds497 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side471 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes447 Views