Reuters: Cat to cut 1,400 jobs at Belgium plant
Reuters reports that Caterpillar Inc. plans to cut 1,400 jobs at a plant near Charleroi in Belgium “due to high costs and the weak European economy,” the group’s Belgian unit said on Feb. 28.
The cuts will come at the Gosselies site just outside of Charleroi, one of the largest Caterpillar facilities in Europe, where the group makes hydraulic excavators, loading vehicles and engine parts, according to the Feb. 28 Reuters report. The site employs 3,700 people.
No official corporate press release about the cuts had been issued at the time of this post.
MORE FROM Economics
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)330 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots296 Views