Rep. Webster introduces bill aimed at improving TIFIA program
Amanda Bayhi | June 23, 2014
Rep. Daniel Webster (R-Fla.) has introduced a bill that aims to improve the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program, Politico reports.
The bill, dubbed the TIFIA2.0 Act, would change the way projects are selected for TIFIA loans by looking at how each project would affect taxpayers. The bill also includes language that would create a revolving transportation fund.
Politico notes that Webster has said his bill would not involve a tax hike or an increase in spending.
“[The bill] will improve access to affordable infrastructure financing for state and local governments, promote innovative public-private partnerships and accelerate delivery of large-scale public transportation projects and the jobs that support them,” Webster said in the report.
To read the full text of the bill, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident952 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side537 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?504 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes437 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005360 Views