Rep. Webster introduces bill aimed at improving TIFIA program
Amanda Bayhi | June 23, 2014
Rep. Daniel Webster (R-Fla.) has introduced a bill that aims to improve the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program, Politico reports.
The bill, dubbed the TIFIA2.0 Act, would change the way projects are selected for TIFIA loans by looking at how each project would affect taxpayers. The bill also includes language that would create a revolving transportation fund.
Politico notes that Webster has said his bill would not involve a tax hike or an increase in spending.
“[The bill] will improve access to affordable infrastructure financing for state and local governments, promote innovative public-private partnerships and accelerate delivery of large-scale public transportation projects and the jobs that support them,” Webster said in the report.
To read the full text of the bill, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views