Rep. Webster introduces bill aimed at improving TIFIA program
Amanda Bayhi | June 23, 2014
Rep. Daniel Webster (R-Fla.) has introduced a bill that aims to improve the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program, Politico reports.
The bill, dubbed the TIFIA2.0 Act, would change the way projects are selected for TIFIA loans by looking at how each project would affect taxpayers. The bill also includes language that would create a revolving transportation fund.
Politico notes that Webster has said his bill would not involve a tax hike or an increase in spending.
“[The bill] will improve access to affordable infrastructure financing for state and local governments, promote innovative public-private partnerships and accelerate delivery of large-scale public transportation projects and the jobs that support them,” Webster said in the report.
To read the full text of the bill, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]919 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong862 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus381 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views