Rep. Webster introduces bill aimed at improving TIFIA program
Amanda Bayhi | June 23, 2014
Rep. Daniel Webster (R-Fla.) has introduced a bill that aims to improve the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program, Politico reports.
The bill, dubbed the TIFIA2.0 Act, would change the way projects are selected for TIFIA loans by looking at how each project would affect taxpayers. The bill also includes language that would create a revolving transportation fund.
Politico notes that Webster has said his bill would not involve a tax hike or an increase in spending.
“[The bill] will improve access to affordable infrastructure financing for state and local governments, promote innovative public-private partnerships and accelerate delivery of large-scale public transportation projects and the jobs that support them,” Webster said in the report.
To read the full text of the bill, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system487 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass198 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run188 Views
- Cement shortage taking its toll on Minnesota projects130 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues126 Views