Regional surface transportation meetings planned for December: Nashville, Newark, Chicago, L.A.
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 22, 2009
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) will host four one-day regional meetings in December in Nashville, Newark, Chicago and Los Angeles.
The sessions will feature federal legislative and regulatory reports and discussions on key regional transportation projects.
Members of the U.S. House of Representatives are eager to move forward on a long-term surface transportation authorization investment bill, according to ARTBA, but the Obama Administration and some in the Senate are pushing for an 18-month extension.
This poses several questions:
- What could a delay mean for the transportation design and construction industry?
- What are states planning to do with their transportation budgets next year?
- What is the industry employment and economic outlook?
ARTBA says it plans to address these questionsand provide the latest information on what government action on a transportation bill could mean to transportation design and construction professionals’ businesses — and to the industry as a whole.
Progress reports and updates will be given on the following:
- Implementation of the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA),
- The FY 2010 transportation funding outlook and reauthorization politics,
- High-speed rail,
- Proposed climate change legislation,
- Public-private partnerships,
- Ethics and compliance issues,
- Environmental and regulatory matters, and
- Briefings about key local transportation projects.
The ARTBA Regional Meetings are as follows:
December 1 – Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
December 3 – Nashville Marriott Airport Hotel
December 8 – Westin Los Angeles Airport Hotel
December 10 – Hyatt Regency O’Hare Airport Hotel Chicago
Go to http://www.artba.org/regionalmeetings to register.
Event location details, hotel rates, program information and session registration materials are available under the “ARTBA Events” section of www.artba.org. Contact ARTBA’s Director of Meetings Ed Tarrant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-289-4434 with any questions.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River449 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving284 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness259 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options255 Views