Randall-Reilly editors launch Contractor Disaster Resources website
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 5, 2011
On May 3, the editors of Randall-Reilly’s Equipment World, Better Roads and ProPickup magazines launched the Contractor Disaster Resources website at www.equipmentworld.com/disaster. At first, we will concentrate on Alabama tornado resources, but our ultimate goal is to have a web resource for contractors who want to respond to disasters when and wherever they happen across the United States.
Initially, we will provide the following information:
- What’s happening with debris removal contracts.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and FEMA registration process for contractors who want to be considered for this work.
- Contractor contacts.
- A “thank you” section recognizing contractor and corporate equipment contributions.
- And for our friends in the mass media: A construction machine pictorial, to help reporters identify come basic construction equipment types.
- Slide show of ongoing disaster relief efforts.
- A question/comment section for contractors and others.
You can help out our efforts by sending us:
- Links to any disaster response information you may have on file that’s still current.
- Contacts who are ready to assist contractors in disaster-related work.
- Press releases on disaster equipment contributions (moving forward only, please).
- Any suggestions you may have to further enhance our mission, including expansion to other geographical areas.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths712 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers579 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road517 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines502 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus361 Views