Ram unveils 1500 Rumble Bee concept truck in Detroit
Amanda Bayhi | August 19, 2013
Ram unveiled its attention-grabbing 1500 Rumble Bee concept truck at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit this past weekend, according to a report from our sister site, Equipment World.
The truck features a matte paint Ram calls “Drone Yellow,” sports 24-inch wheels, a lowered stance and a black racing stripe that begins at the headlights and fades toward the tailgate into a honeycomb pattern.
The grille, hood vents, Ram badges, fuel door and dual exhaust tailpipes all feature a gloss black color.
A 5.7-liter HEMI with a custom yellow and black engine cover powers the two-door 2013 Ram 1500 R/T, providing 395 horsepower and 407 pound-feet of torque. The Rumble Bee truck also includes a TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission, a Mopar cold-air intake system and a 4.10 gear set.
Ram also included an 8-speed rotary shifter knob that lights up with a honeycomb pattern to display a real bee encased in amber, as well as the ability to bypass the cat-back dual-exhaust with the touch of a button.
Ram designed the Rumble Bee concept for the 10th Anniversary of the first Rumble Bee. The company is not planning to produce an actual Rumble Bee at this point.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong847 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views