Raising the ante for airport terrrorists
America now has a new weapon in the fight against terrorists who might target our airports. Poker.
The art and science of poker playing has led better security at Pittsburgh International Airport. According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette a couple of cool scientists who approached the game as a problem solving exercise have done us all a favor. Basically a terrorist approaching the airport will have to bluff while being uncertain if airport staff are bluffing. And in the end our aireport players hold all the cards.
Check out this story and see if you would feel safer in your area if your airport did what the Pittsburgh folks did. I’m pretty certain I would. And I’m a lousy poker player.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014554 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future267 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG254 Views