QuadGuard M10 MASH-compliant crash cushion
Better Roads Staff | August 7, 2012
Trinity Highway Products/Energy Absorption Systems is excited to introduce the QuadGuard® M10, the industry’s first crash cushion accepted for use on the National Highway System under the provisions of the Manual for Accessing Safety Hardware (MASH) Test Level 3 (TL-3) testing standards. The QG M10 is built upon the original QG platform featuring the monorail and Quad-Beam fender panels common to all previous QuadGuard versions. Only three modifications are necessary to transform the original QG to a QGM10- an engineered steel nose, MASH compliant Cartridges and monorail shims. This combination of old and new allows for a simple and cost effective conversion from NCHRP 350 TL-3 compliance to MASH TL-3 compliance with minimal cost or inconvenience for any agency that may choose to convert in the future.
Previously, when new crash test standards were introduced, agencies were required to completely overhaul their existing inventories. With the QuadGuard® family of crash cushions, this is no longer the reality. The existing QuadGuards, both installed and un-installed, are easily transitioned to the next generation of crash standards. Can any other of the systems in your inventory offer this?
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes530 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse487 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views