QuadGuard M10 MASH-compliant crash cushion
Better Roads Staff
Trinity Highway Products/Energy Absorption Systems is excited to introduce the QuadGuard® M10, the industry’s first crash cushion accepted for use on the National Highway System under the provisions of the Manual for Accessing Safety Hardware (MASH) Test Level 3 (TL-3) testing standards. The QG M10 is built upon the original QG platform featuring the monorail and Quad-Beam fender panels common to all previous QuadGuard versions. Only three modifications are necessary to transform the original QG to a QGM10- an engineered steel nose, MASH compliant Cartridges and monorail shims. This combination of old and new allows for a simple and cost effective conversion from NCHRP 350 TL-3 compliance to MASH TL-3 compliance with minimal cost or inconvenience for any agency that may choose to convert in the future.
Previously, when new crash test standards were introduced, agencies were required to completely overhaul their existing inventories. With the QuadGuard® family of crash cushions, this is no longer the reality. The existing QuadGuards, both installed and un-installed, are easily transitioned to the next generation of crash standards. Can any other of the systems in your inventory offer this?
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding565 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable416 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future352 Views
- 25 Days of Rollouts: Flink FXP Snowplow Expands to 17 Feet254 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers252 Views