QuadGuard M10 MASH-compliant crash cushion
Better Roads Staff | August 7, 2012
Trinity Highway Products/Energy Absorption Systems is excited to introduce the QuadGuard® M10, the industry’s first crash cushion accepted for use on the National Highway System under the provisions of the Manual for Accessing Safety Hardware (MASH) Test Level 3 (TL-3) testing standards. The QG M10 is built upon the original QG platform featuring the monorail and Quad-Beam fender panels common to all previous QuadGuard versions. Only three modifications are necessary to transform the original QG to a QGM10- an engineered steel nose, MASH compliant Cartridges and monorail shims. This combination of old and new allows for a simple and cost effective conversion from NCHRP 350 TL-3 compliance to MASH TL-3 compliance with minimal cost or inconvenience for any agency that may choose to convert in the future.
Previously, when new crash test standards were introduced, agencies were required to completely overhaul their existing inventories. With the QuadGuard® family of crash cushions, this is no longer the reality. The existing QuadGuards, both installed and un-installed, are easily transitioned to the next generation of crash standards. Can any other of the systems in your inventory offer this?
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1476 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority823 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles712 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans520 Views
- Construction error and weather causes new pavement to crumble within hours503 Views