Putzmeister America launches ready mix truck line
Amy Materson | February 11, 2013
Concrete pump manufacturer Putzmeister America has extended its reach in the market with a line of ready mix trucks, launched Wednesday at World of Concrete. Two mixer designs are available – the Pro Series standard ready mix truck and the Bridge Maxx Series with a booster axle.
“We wanted to better meet the needs and desires of concrete producers,” said Putzmeister’s Kevin Shafer. “This was a logical expansion of our product line. Shafer explained the trucks were designed to meet their customers’ top requests: durability and serviceability.
Both mixers are available with a standard 43-inch discharge opening and a 47-inch paver discharge opening for quick operation. The 3/16-inch-thick drum has a 1/4-inch-thick one-piece pressed and dished head that is 78 inches in diameter, is manufactured from AR 200 steel and has weep holes on the blades for cleaning.
Additional features include the following:
- Ergonomic Mix Control – a programmable control system that balances engine speed with hydraulic pump output to achieve the optimum drum speed while reducing drum wear and saving fuel.
- Lightweight, durable transmission.
- Fully hydraulic control.
- High strength modular construction.
- Large platform for increased work space.
The Bridge Maxx Series also has a booster axle with hydraulic suspension. Powered by a pressure compensating variable displacement pump, the axle provides loading consistency while reducing stress on the frame. –by Amy Materson, Managing Editor of Equipment World, sister publication to Better Roads, reporting live from World of Concrete
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party469 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax247 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion211 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September179 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?148 Views