This could be fun. Reading just might become a contact sport for us again.
It’s not available yet (January 18), but my pre-publication copy of Gridlock by Randal O’Toole suggests it could be an inspiring/infuriating read for people in our business. It’s subtitle is “Why we’re stuck in traffic and what to do about it” and according to one reviewer you’ll either love it or hate it.
James A. Dunn Jr., a professor of political science at Rutgers University and author of “Driving Forces: The automobile, its enemies, and the politics of mobility,” says O’Toole “blasts those groups in our society that have turned from promoting mobility to restricting it. He punctures the pretensions of congressmen, transport agency bureaucrats, urban planners, and ‘smart growth’ advocates and their ilk who want to spend billions promoting trains and rail transit systems that few people want to ride. This book will infuriate some and inspire others.”
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding556 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable410 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future340 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG254 Views