Profilometer Testing on Chicago’s I-290: Stone matrix asphalt overlay vs. conventional diamond grinding
“This testing proves what this industry has known for a long time. A 20- to 25-year-old concrete pavement can be made smoother for less money using diamond grinding when compared to an asphalt overlay and avoids the never-ending cycle of milling and overlay brought on by covering a structurally sound section of concrete pavement,” said Eilken.
This article was contributed by John Roberts, executive director of the International Grooving and Grinding Association (IGGA).
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)806 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D289 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign267 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says265 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers260 Views