Product category rules for environmental product declaration of concrete launched
The CSI PCR, so far, focuses on the impacts of concrete production up to the point when it is delivered to the client, known as “cradle-to-gate,” for business-to-business purposes. However, the CSI is also investigating whether concrete’s contribution to the sustainability of a structure during its use and end-of-life can also be captured in a systematic way, allowing for “cradle-to-grave” EPDs to be developed.
The PCR for concrete is one of many CSI guidance frameworks that have been successful in improving sustainability across the industry worldwide, according to WBCSD.
The CSI is now building on this work with the development of a common calculation tool for its members to produce EPDs using common data sets, where no primary data is available.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- MoDOT employs robot to mow roadside grass1528 Views
- I-5 bridge expected to reopen in mid-June990 Views
- CDOT “Slow for the Cone Zone” ads depict kids as construction workers460 Views
- USDOT to release $15.6 million for I-5 bridge435 Views
- 25 percent of U.S. bridges classified as deficient in 2012357 Views