Prevent heat-related illness on the jobsite
Amanda Bayhi | April 22, 2013
Our sister site, Total Landscape Care (TLC), has shared a list of eight ways to avoid heat-related illness, like heat stress, on the jobsite.
The tips, provided by Cintas Corporation, include simple ways to stay cool like wearing lightweight clothes and drinking plenty of fluids, as well as more complex–but equally important–tips such as learning and watching for the signs of heat stress.
TLC points out that the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has said anywhere between 5 million and 10 million workers suffer from heat-related illnesses each year.
Don’t be a statistic. Check out TotalLandscapeCare.com for the full list, then be sure to implement those tips on the jobsite.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River465 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business377 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness285 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving260 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options255 Views