President George Bush Turnpike Eastern Extension now on Google Maps
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 2, 2012
Motorists can now find the President George Bush Turnpike Eastern Extension as a route on Google Maps.
Google Map users will find the Eastern Extension as a continuous route from Rowlett to destinations around the Metroplex.
The North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) opened the Eastern Extension in December 2011. The 9.9-mile toll road is a portion of the outer loop around Dallas and its suburbs and provides direct connections to Interstate 30 in Garland and Rowlett, the Dallas North Tollway, U.S. 75 and destinations such as DFW International Airport.
The NTTA next expects the Eastern Extension will be visible as a route on TomTom, a portable GPS system, by early May.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident941 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?565 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds562 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side522 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes457 Views