Potain showcases topless crane line at Bauma
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 28, 2010
The MDT 368 from Manitowoc’s Potain brand will be featured at this year’s bauma exhibition. The crane, launched last year, is the largest Topless MDT tower crane. It adds new design features to the strong lift and ease-of-assembly familiar to users of other cranes in the MDT range.
The MDT 368 is available in two versions, the MDT 368 L12 with a 12-tonmaximum capacity, and the MDT 368 L16 with a 16-ton maximum capacity. Maximum jib length for both models is 75 m. Two hoist options, the 55 kW 75 LVF 30 Optima or the 75 kW 100 LVF 30 Optima, are available on both. A 6 DVF 6 trolley, which can reach 100 m/min with a 4-ton load, is available on the MDT 368 L16.
A unique feature of the MDT 368 is a counterjib that folds for transport. The crane’s outreach and lift capability require a 21.7-meter counterjib — too long for a standard truck. A hinge allows this section to fold for travel. The crane’s jib sections are interchangeable with those on the MDT 268 and MDT 308 cranes. A choice of masts is offered, with the standard 2 m x 2 m or larger 2.45 m x 2.45 m K mast available.
|Max jib length||Max capacity at jib end|
|MDT 368 L16||16 t||75 m||3 t|
|MDT 368 L16||17.6 USt||246 ft||3.3 USt|
|MDT 368 L12||12 t||75 m||3.2 t|
|MDT 368 L12||13.2 USt||246 ft||3.5 USt|
MORE FROM Trade Show Coverage
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes625 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts544 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse495 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers178 Views
- 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' holiday crackdown begins73 Views