PHOTOS: Where Buses Go To Die
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | September 10, 2013
Somewhere underground in Belgium a tomb for retired buses, trams and other public transportation vehicles is hidden and forgotten.
This unfinished metro tunnel serves as the final resting place for these automobiles. While dust and cobwebs adorn most of the vehicles, others appear to be ready for routes and passengers.
This little ghost town is even complete with a police trailer, as if it’s there to keep the other vehicles in order.
See some of the photos below, then check out the full array of vehicles at TotallyCoolPix.com.
All photos: Richard Huntjens, via TotallyCoolPix.com
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker277 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges256 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes227 Views
- Report shows sharp decline in commuting across America192 Views
- NAPA announces winners of national paving awards139 Views