PHOTOS: Where Buses Go To Die
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | September 10, 2013
Somewhere underground in Belgium a tomb for retired buses, trams and other public transportation vehicles is hidden and forgotten.
This unfinished metro tunnel serves as the final resting place for these automobiles. While dust and cobwebs adorn most of the vehicles, others appear to be ready for routes and passengers.
This little ghost town is even complete with a police trailer, as if it’s there to keep the other vehicles in order.
See some of the photos below, then check out the full array of vehicles at TotallyCoolPix.com.
All photos: Richard Huntjens, via TotallyCoolPix.com
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River626 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency546 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update339 Views