PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a ride on the world’s biggest water slide
Tina Grady Barbaccia | July 3, 2014
Whether it’s a water slide or a water coaster, it’s slated to be the world’s biggest and looks like one heck of a thrill ride.
I’ve ridden on the “Big Shot” on top of The Stratosphere in Las Vegas. It was fun, but holy moley, it took my breath away for a moment. The Big Shot, located 1,049 feet above Las Vegas, takes riders 160 feet in the air in 2.5 seconds at 45 mph. (For a video of the Big Shot, click here.)
Now there is Verrückt. Planned to be the world’s largest water slide (a 168-foot, 7-inch drop with speeds up to 50 miles per hour), the attraction opens this week at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan. The slide was designed by John Schooley.
Officially certified by Guinness World Records in May, Verrückt — which is German for “insane” — is 5 feet taller than the previous record holder, a water slide at a Rio de Janeiro country club, according to a CNN report. The plunge is higher than from the top of Niagara Falls.
If you’re spending your July 4 at a water park, enjoy. You can put this “insane” slide on your list for next year.
Check out more photos of Verrückt below.
(Photo credit for all images: Verrückt)
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party477 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax252 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion216 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September181 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax108 Views