PHOTOS, VIDEO: On the Road with the Topcon Technology Roadshow
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 3, 2014
The “hands-on, bring-the-technology-to-you” educational program is focused on advanced positioning technologies and trends in the construction, surveying and GIS, engineering and architecture/engineering/contractor professions.
The program, which features a 5,000-square-foot mobile classroom/theater housed in a custom-designed 18-wheeler, will cover more than 23,000 miles in six months throughout North America before it ends in October in Riverside, California.
There are currently 23 scheduled stops, with the events focusing on technology trends in those industries.
Topcon took some time to share some photos from the road. On Day 2 of the Technology Roadshow, the company continued its trek in Canada with a stop in Red Deer, Alberta, where Topcon’s Mark Jones demonstrated 3D grade control.
Someone even arrived at the Roadshow via helicopter. Check out the included video to see the action.
See more photos from this stop on Topcon’s Facebook page.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident976 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles907 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse709 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side549 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views