PHOTOS, VIDEO: On the Road with the Topcon Technology Roadshow
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 3, 2014
The “hands-on, bring-the-technology-to-you” educational program is focused on advanced positioning technologies and trends in the construction, surveying and GIS, engineering and architecture/engineering/contractor professions.
The program, which features a 5,000-square-foot mobile classroom/theater housed in a custom-designed 18-wheeler, will cover more than 23,000 miles in six months throughout North America before it ends in October in Riverside, California.
There are currently 23 scheduled stops, with the events focusing on technology trends in those industries.
Topcon took some time to share some photos from the road. On Day 2 of the Technology Roadshow, the company continued its trek in Canada with a stop in Red Deer, Alberta, where Topcon’s Mark Jones demonstrated 3D grade control.
Someone even arrived at the Roadshow via helicopter. Check out the included video to see the action.
See more photos from this stop on Topcon’s Facebook page.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike109 Views