PHOTOS, VIDEO: On the Road with the Topcon Technology Roadshow
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 3, 2014
The “hands-on, bring-the-technology-to-you” educational program is focused on advanced positioning technologies and trends in the construction, surveying and GIS, engineering and architecture/engineering/contractor professions.
The program, which features a 5,000-square-foot mobile classroom/theater housed in a custom-designed 18-wheeler, will cover more than 23,000 miles in six months throughout North America before it ends in October in Riverside, California.
There are currently 23 scheduled stops, with the events focusing on technology trends in those industries.
Topcon took some time to share some photos from the road. On Day 2 of the Technology Roadshow, the company continued its trek in Canada with a stop in Red Deer, Alberta, where Topcon’s Mark Jones demonstrated 3D grade control.
Someone even arrived at the Roadshow via helicopter. Check out the included video to see the action.
See more photos from this stop on Topcon’s Facebook page.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes564 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts532 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers147 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views