PHOTOS: 1940s wartime posters urge rail passengers to “stay put”
Amanda Bayhi | July 19, 2013
Well, according to some 1940s posters Retronaut has gathered, Britain’s Railway Executive Committee urged citizens to “stay put” and avoid “taking unnecessary journeys.” The wartime posters, stored on Railways Archive, were a series of political posters that promoted saving rail primarily for military use.
Check out some of the posters below, then head over to Retronaut to view more.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths734 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers597 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road524 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines463 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus393 Views