PHOTOS: 1940s wartime posters urge rail passengers to “stay put”
Amanda Bayhi | July 19, 2013
Well, according to some 1940s posters Retronaut has gathered, Britain’s Railway Executive Committee urged citizens to “stay put” and avoid “taking unnecessary journeys.” The wartime posters, stored on Railways Archive, were a series of political posters that promoted saving rail primarily for military use.
Check out some of the posters below, then head over to Retronaut to view more.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party469 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax247 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion212 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September179 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?148 Views