Peter Mayr appointed president of Liebherr Construction Equipment
Amanda Bayhi | July 12, 2013
Liebherr has named Peter Mayr as president of Liebherr Construction Equipment.
Mayr has been with Liebherr for 12 years, beginning his career with the company in Austria with the Liebherr-Werk Telfs GmbH (LWT) sales support team. He has since held other positions with LWT, Liebherr-Great Britain (LGB) and Liebherr Rental (LRL).
Mayr most recently worked as managing director for LGB and LRL.
Mayr’s new position as president moves him and his family to Williamsburg, Virginia, where Liebherr is headquartered.
Mayr said in a prepared statement that he is excited to take on his new role.
“Together with the core Management team, I look forward to driving the company’s strategic initiatives, strengthening and growing our distribution and promoting the Liebherr brand”, Mayr said.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]921 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong864 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views