Peter Mayr appointed president of Liebherr Construction Equipment
Amanda Bayhi | July 12, 2013
Liebherr has named Peter Mayr as president of Liebherr Construction Equipment.
Mayr has been with Liebherr for 12 years, beginning his career with the company in Austria with the Liebherr-Werk Telfs GmbH (LWT) sales support team. He has since held other positions with LWT, Liebherr-Great Britain (LGB) and Liebherr Rental (LRL).
Mayr most recently worked as managing director for LGB and LRL.
Mayr’s new position as president moves him and his family to Williamsburg, Virginia, where Liebherr is headquartered.
Mayr said in a prepared statement that he is excited to take on his new role.
“Together with the core Management team, I look forward to driving the company’s strategic initiatives, strengthening and growing our distribution and promoting the Liebherr brand”, Mayr said.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure214 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?171 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road143 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!120 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress114 Views