Peter Mayr appointed president of Liebherr Construction Equipment
Amanda Bayhi | July 12, 2013
Liebherr has named Peter Mayr as president of Liebherr Construction Equipment.
Mayr has been with Liebherr for 12 years, beginning his career with the company in Austria with the Liebherr-Werk Telfs GmbH (LWT) sales support team. He has since held other positions with LWT, Liebherr-Great Britain (LGB) and Liebherr Rental (LRL).
Mayr most recently worked as managing director for LGB and LRL.
Mayr’s new position as president moves him and his family to Williamsburg, Virginia, where Liebherr is headquartered.
Mayr said in a prepared statement that he is excited to take on his new role.
“Together with the core Management team, I look forward to driving the company’s strategic initiatives, strengthening and growing our distribution and promoting the Liebherr brand”, Mayr said.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party477 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax244 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion220 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues110 Views