Peoria Public Library displays 1915-1930 Caterpillar ad collection
Amanda Bayhi | September 3, 2013
The Peoria Public Library through the month of September will display a collection of more than 100 Caterpillar advertisements that were published in magazines from 1915-1930, according to a report from our sister site, Total Landscape Care.
Mark Johnson, a former Caterpillar employee who worked for the company for 37 years before retiring in 2009, is lending the ads to the library, which is located in the same city as Caterpillar headquarters, Peoria, Illinois.
The display will be divided into nine sections and features WWI and Great Depression ads from Literary Digest, the American City and the Saturday Evening Post.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2146 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1322 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...903 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones543 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house528 Views