PennDOT: Motorists’ survey feedback will help prioritize safety efforts
Effective as of July 11, Pennsylvania motorists can help PennDOT prioritize its highway safety efforts by sharing their opinions on traffic safety enforcement and driving behaviors through an online survey available through July 30 at www.DriveSafePA.org.
The survey consists of 19 questions focused on highway safety, including seat belts, impaired driving, speeding, motorcycles and distracted driving. All answers to the questions are anonymous. In addition, there are general demographic questions such as gender, age and ZIP code.
More than 3,800 people responded to last year’s survey. Among the notable results, the survey showed that nearly 80 percent of motorists reported that within the past 60 days they did not drive within two hours after drinking alcohol. Ninety-one percent of drivers also indicated they used a seat belt all or most of the time.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) requires states to conduct this survey annually.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/PennDOTNews.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014576 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable389 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future267 Views