Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects
Amanda Bayhi | May 13, 2013
Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) introduced a bill, S. 911, last week that would create funding for emergency transportation projects, The Hill reported.
The Emergency Transportation Safety Fund would create a fund for new construction and repairs of transportation infrastructure.
Paul said repatriated taxes–at a rate of 5 percent–would fund the projects without adding to the national debt.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1311 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1033 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...773 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones540 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?328 Views