Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 25, 2012
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been awarded a contract to provide construction engineering and inspection (CE&I) services for the widening of I-4 in Volusia County, Fla.
This $134 million design-build project encompasses the widening of 12 miles of I-4 from four to six lanes between SR 44 and I-95, from Deland to Daytona Beach. The existing asphalt pavement will be removed and replaced with concrete pavement. The bridge over the Tomoka River will be replaced along with the interchange at I-4 and US 92, which will be reconstructed. As the project is in a wildlife corridor, three new bridges will be installed for large animal crossings in addition to crossings for small animals every half mile.
As the CE&I consultant, Parsons Brinckerhoff is responsible for administration of the design-build contract as well as coordination with all stakeholders. Services to be provided include inspection of construction operations for specification compliance, documentation and resolution of issues, public information, materials testing, schedule reviews, and environmental compliance inspection.
Construction will be completed in December 2014.
MORE FROM Industry
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes528 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse469 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers135 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views