Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 25, 2012
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been awarded a contract to provide construction engineering and inspection (CE&I) services for the widening of I-4 in Volusia County, Fla.
This $134 million design-build project encompasses the widening of 12 miles of I-4 from four to six lanes between SR 44 and I-95, from Deland to Daytona Beach. The existing asphalt pavement will be removed and replaced with concrete pavement. The bridge over the Tomoka River will be replaced along with the interchange at I-4 and US 92, which will be reconstructed. As the project is in a wildlife corridor, three new bridges will be installed for large animal crossings in addition to crossings for small animals every half mile.
As the CE&I consultant, Parsons Brinckerhoff is responsible for administration of the design-build contract as well as coordination with all stakeholders. Services to be provided include inspection of construction operations for specification compliance, documentation and resolution of issues, public information, materials testing, schedule reviews, and environmental compliance inspection.
Construction will be completed in December 2014.
MORE FROM Industry
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party477 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax244 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion198 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues110 Views