Parsons Brinckerhoff appointed program manager for Qatar infrastructure improvements
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 28, 2011
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been appointed the program management consultant to Ashghal, the public works authority of Qatar, for a QAR 30 billion (U.S. $8 billion) program focusing on the construction and upgrade of local road and drainage projects throughout the country over a five-year period. The award was announced by Minister of Municipality and Urban Planning Sheikh Abdulrahman Bin Khalifa Al-Thani.
Parsons Brinckerhoff will have overall responsibility for management and coordination of all interfaces with Ashghal and its stakeholders, the management and coordination of the Ashghal supply chain, and the development of a logistic and supply strategy with Ashghal and the various construction contractors appointed to deliver the physical infrastructure. Parsons Brinckerhoff will also oversee general engineering consultants for each of five geographic zones comprising Qatar.
MORE FROM Industry
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2213 Views
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1415 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority800 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles700 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans519 Views