Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1 devices designed to withstand tough jobsite conditions
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2014
Panasonic has introduced its Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1 tablets, which are designed to withstand impact, water and other conditions on the jobsite.
Each 5-inch tablet is built to resist drops of up to 10 feet to concrete, submersion in up to 5 feet of water for 30 minutes and other variables such as impact, shock, vibration, altitude and extreme humidity.
Additionally, the devices can operate in temperatures ranging from -4 degrees Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit and are fully sealed to keep out dust.
The sunlight-readable, anti-reflective HD 10-point capacitive multi-touchscreen can be used with heavy gloves and includes a rain-sensing feature that allows for single touch use in wet conditions.
The FZ-E1 is powered by Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld, while the FZ-X1 runs on Android 4.2.2.
Other features include and 8.0-megapixel rear camera, 1.3-megapixel front camera, 14-hour battery life, 2GB RAM, 32GB flash memory and micro SDXC card slot for additional memory.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles974 Views
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident965 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse737 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments305 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?275 Views