Pana-Pacific, Mobileye reach agremeent on ADAS solution for Collision Avoidance and Mitigation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 26, 2012
Pana-Pacific and Mobileye have reached an agreement for Pana-Pacific to distribute Mobileye’s unique ADAS solution for Collision Avoidance and Mitigation to the commercial vehicle market. Pana-Pacific’s engineers will expedite pre-wired and factory-installed options of the Mobileye products with all the CV original equipment (OE) manufacturers.
Pana-Pacific’s aftermarket sales team will market Mobileye to all the Heavy-Duty Truck Dealerships in the United States and Canada. Pana-Pacific’s internal customer service staff will provide all CV Mobileye customers with technical support.
“This is a very important opportunity to improve safety on our highways,” said Isaac Litman, CEO Mobileye Inc., in a written statement. “We have invested heavily to make our roads and vehicles safer, and this relationship will go a long way to improving the skills of drivers. Our best in class Mobileye C2-270 will now have accelerated access to the commercial vehicle market – at the production level and in the aftermarket. We’re simply delighted to have the opportunity to work with Pana-Pacific.”
John Trenberth, president of Pana-Pacific, added in a written statement: “As a value-added integrator, Pana-Pacific continues to bring needed technology to commercial vehicle manufacturers and aftermarket dealerships. The visibility the Mobileye collision avoidance and mitigation product provides the end-user is invaluable, we look forward to helping facilitating safer trucks.”
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?388 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs376 Views
- VIDEO: Foxx: ‘We should do more than just stabilize the Highway Trust Fund’322 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges203 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants172 Views