Pa. Senator backs expiration for highway earmarks
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 1, 2011
“Open earmarks” occur when money Congress sets aside for pet projects do not get spent.
Casey, a Democrat, has introduced two bills last week: the Redistribution of Unspent Earmarks Act and the Use It or Lose It Act. Together, according to the Feb. 1 USA Today report. The bills would mandate that earmarks older than three years be returned to the states to use on any eligible highway project.
MORE FROM Economics
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident970 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side546 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?508 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse364 Views