Pa. Senator backs expiration for highway earmarks
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 1, 2011
“Open earmarks” occur when money Congress sets aside for pet projects do not get spent.
Casey, a Democrat, has introduced two bills last week: the Redistribution of Unspent Earmarks Act and the Use It or Lose It Act. Together, according to the Feb. 1 USA Today report. The bills would mandate that earmarks older than three years be returned to the states to use on any eligible highway project.
MORE FROM Economics
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]915 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong856 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths745 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus380 Views