Pa. Senator backs expiration for highway earmarks
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 1, 2011
“Open earmarks” occur when money Congress sets aside for pet projects do not get spent.
Casey, a Democrat, has introduced two bills last week: the Redistribution of Unspent Earmarks Act and the Use It or Lose It Act. Together, according to the Feb. 1 USA Today report. The bills would mandate that earmarks older than three years be returned to the states to use on any eligible highway project.
MORE FROM Economics
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse465 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes457 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers132 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches74 Views