Oldcastle’s APAC-Texas acquire 2 sand and gravel company assets
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 10, 2011
APAC-Texas Inc., part of Oldcastle Materials Inc., has acquired the assets of two independent sand and gravel companies operating in Austin.
The three sand and gravel plants of Shumaker Enterprises and Austin Reclaimed Materials’ single location will be combined and operated under the name of Austin Aggregates. These acquisitions mark Oldcastle Materials’ entry into the Austin aggregate market and will enhance the ability of the operations to serve their customers with a full line of materials and paving products.
Based in Atlanta, Ga., Oldcastle Materials is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete and paving services in the United States with operations at 1,400 locations nationwide.The company operates under the North American arm of international building supply company CRH plc, based in Dublin, Ireland.
MORE FROM Economics
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving359 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice327 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness291 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options279 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill248 Views