Oldcastle's APAC-Texas acquire 2 sand and gravel company assets
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 10, 2011
APAC-Texas Inc., part of Oldcastle Materials Inc., has acquired the assets of two independent sand and gravel companies operating in Austin.
The three sand and gravel plants of Shumaker Enterprises and Austin Reclaimed Materials’ single location will be combined and operated under the name of Austin Aggregates. These acquisitions mark Oldcastle Materials’ entry into the Austin aggregate market and will enhance the ability of the operations to serve their customers with a full line of materials and paving products.
Based in Atlanta, Ga., Oldcastle Materials is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete and paving services in the United States with operations at 1,400 locations nationwide.The company operates under the North American arm of international building supply company CRH plc, based in Dublin, Ireland.
MORE FROM Economics
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion223 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax221 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues111 Views