Ohio DOT's 'Chia Pet' sound Wall
John Latta | July 20, 2010
Green may coming to yet another segment of our industry that used to be concrete’s domain.
According to a Cleveland Plain Dealer story on Cleveland.com, Ohio DOT is trying to find an eco-friendly highway noise abatement system that will work long term.
The Ohio Department of Transportation will test a 12-foot-high wall of stacked, 70-pound bags sprouting plants and grass as an innovative way to muffle highway sound.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax739 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party397 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards391 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund370 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?324 Views