Ohio DOT’s ‘Chia Pet’ sound Wall
John Latta | July 20, 2010
Green may coming to yet another segment of our industry that used to be concrete’s domain.
According to a Cleveland Plain Dealer story on Cleveland.com, Ohio DOT is trying to find an eco-friendly highway noise abatement system that will work long term.
The Ohio Department of Transportation will test a 12-foot-high wall of stacked, 70-pound bags sprouting plants and grass as an innovative way to muffle highway sound.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?433 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs394 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views