Ohio DOT's 'Chia Pet' sound Wall
John Latta | July 20, 2010
Green may coming to yet another segment of our industry that used to be concrete’s domain.
According to a Cleveland Plain Dealer story on Cleveland.com, Ohio DOT is trying to find an eco-friendly highway noise abatement system that will work long term.
The Ohio Department of Transportation will test a 12-foot-high wall of stacked, 70-pound bags sprouting plants and grass as an innovative way to muffle highway sound.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths729 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers587 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road522 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines507 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus369 Views