Ohio DOT's 'Chia Pet' sound Wall
John Latta | July 20, 2010
Green may coming to yet another segment of our industry that used to be concrete’s domain.
According to a Cleveland Plain Dealer story on Cleveland.com, Ohio DOT is trying to find an eco-friendly highway noise abatement system that will work long term.
The Ohio Department of Transportation will test a 12-foot-high wall of stacked, 70-pound bags sprouting plants and grass as an innovative way to muffle highway sound.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views