Ohio DOT’s ‘Chia Pet’ sound Wall
Green may coming to yet another segment of our industry that used to be concrete’s domain.
According to a Cleveland Plain Dealer story on Cleveland.com, Ohio DOT is trying to find an eco-friendly highway noise abatement system that will work long term.
The Ohio Department of Transportation will test a 12-foot-high wall of stacked, 70-pound bags sprouting plants and grass as an innovative way to muffle highway sound.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects669 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)394 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)380 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots296 Views