Ohio DOT’s ‘Chia Pet’ sound Wall
John Latta | July 20, 2010
Green may coming to yet another segment of our industry that used to be concrete’s domain.
According to a Cleveland Plain Dealer story on Cleveland.com, Ohio DOT is trying to find an eco-friendly highway noise abatement system that will work long term.
The Ohio Department of Transportation will test a 12-foot-high wall of stacked, 70-pound bags sprouting plants and grass as an innovative way to muffle highway sound.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Interstate tolling gains new enemy in big-business group674 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'408 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency397 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill391 Views
- From a Job Interview: Hire Me, But Make It Easy336 Views