Ohio DOT's 'Chia Pet' sound Wall
John Latta | July 20, 2010
Green may coming to yet another segment of our industry that used to be concrete’s domain.
According to a Cleveland Plain Dealer story on Cleveland.com, Ohio DOT is trying to find an eco-friendly highway noise abatement system that will work long term.
The Ohio Department of Transportation will test a 12-foot-high wall of stacked, 70-pound bags sprouting plants and grass as an innovative way to muffle highway sound.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident976 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles970 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse710 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side550 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views