Oh man, is this embarrassing or what.
John Latta | April 13, 2011
I like writing headlines. It’s one of my favorite things as Editor of Better Roads.
So how could I resist passing this one along:
Amtrak CEO ditches broken train to travel by car to ribbon cutting of Wilmington’s Joe Biden station
Seems the Acela high speed (sometimes) train stopped and wasn’t about to move anytime soon somewhere in the neighborhood of Baltimore . Passenger and Amtrak CEO Joe Boardman, riding to a ribbon-cutting, must have had one of those feelings.
Read the story in the Daily Caller. Following up on this deliciously ironic embarrassment, the Reason Foundation’s Adam Summers’ blog couldn’t help but note:
So the station ended up costing significantly more than advertised and the train still couldn’t get there on time. That’s government rail, and especially high-speed rail, in a nutshell.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident933 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?564 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds559 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side514 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes456 Views