Oh man, is this embarrassing or what.
John Latta | April 13, 2011
I like writing headlines. It’s one of my favorite things as Editor of Better Roads.
So how could I resist passing this one along:
Amtrak CEO ditches broken train to travel by car to ribbon cutting of Wilmington’s Joe Biden station
Seems the Acela high speed (sometimes) train stopped and wasn’t about to move anytime soon somewhere in the neighborhood of Baltimore . Passenger and Amtrak CEO Joe Boardman, riding to a ribbon-cutting, must have had one of those feelings.
Read the story in the Daily Caller. Following up on this deliciously ironic embarrassment, the Reason Foundation’s Adam Summers’ blog couldn’t help but note:
So the station ended up costing significantly more than advertised and the train still couldn’t get there on time. That’s government rail, and especially high-speed rail, in a nutshell.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- NJDOT worker faces 10 years in prison for stealing1098 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events670 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes503 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up346 Views
- 3 strategies for balancing safety and roadside weed control272 Views