Oh man, is this embarrassing or what.
I like writing headlines. It’s one of my favorite things as Editor of Better Roads.
So how could I resist passing this one along:
Amtrak CEO ditches broken train to travel by car to ribbon cutting of Wilmington’s Joe Biden station
Seems the Acela high speed (sometimes) train stopped and wasn’t about to move anytime soon somewhere in the neighborhood of Baltimore . Passenger and Amtrak CEO Joe Boardman, riding to a ribbon-cutting, must have had one of those feelings.
Read the story in the Daily Caller. Following up on this deliciously ironic embarrassment, the Reason Foundation’s Adam Summers’ blog couldn’t help but note:
So the station ended up costing significantly more than advertised and the train still couldn’t get there on time. That’s government rail, and especially high-speed rail, in a nutshell.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)731 Views
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects464 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign270 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says261 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers247 Views