Off-road equipment industry publishes Tier 4 FAQ report
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | November 4, 2010
Five leading off-road equipment industry associations published a “frequently asked questions” report about Tier 4 technology. These standards apply to new diesel engines used in off-road equipment beginning in 2011.
Groups such as the Associated Equipment Distributors, Association of Equipment Manufacturers, American Rental Association, Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association and North American Equipment Dealers Association collaborated with the Diesel Technology Forum on the Tier 4 FAQ report. The report includes emissions tables, technical graphics and other resources.
The report answered questions such as, “How will the new Tier 4 engines be different from previous engines?”, “Do the new Tier 4 engines require different fuel?” and “What additional dealer diagnostic equipment will be needed?”
The report can be downloaded here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident981 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side554 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?510 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse496 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views