Off-road equipment industry publishes Tier 4 FAQ report
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | November 4, 2010
Five leading off-road equipment industry associations published a “frequently asked questions” report about Tier 4 technology. These standards apply to new diesel engines used in off-road equipment beginning in 2011.
Groups such as the Associated Equipment Distributors, Association of Equipment Manufacturers, American Rental Association, Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association and North American Equipment Dealers Association collaborated with the Diesel Technology Forum on the Tier 4 FAQ report. The report includes emissions tables, technical graphics and other resources.
The report answered questions such as, “How will the new Tier 4 engines be different from previous engines?”, “Do the new Tier 4 engines require different fuel?” and “What additional dealer diagnostic equipment will be needed?”
The report can be downloaded here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views