Off-road equipment industry publishes Tier 4 FAQ report
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | November 4, 2010
Five leading off-road equipment industry associations published a “frequently asked questions” report about Tier 4 technology. These standards apply to new diesel engines used in off-road equipment beginning in 2011.
Groups such as the Associated Equipment Distributors, Association of Equipment Manufacturers, American Rental Association, Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association and North American Equipment Dealers Association collaborated with the Diesel Technology Forum on the Tier 4 FAQ report. The report includes emissions tables, technical graphics and other resources.
The report answered questions such as, “How will the new Tier 4 engines be different from previous engines?”, “Do the new Tier 4 engines require different fuel?” and “What additional dealer diagnostic equipment will be needed?”
The report can be downloaded here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2168 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1249 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project537 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans453 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?341 Views