Off-road equipment industry publishes Tier 4 FAQ report
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | November 4, 2010
Five leading off-road equipment industry associations published a “frequently asked questions” report about Tier 4 technology. These standards apply to new diesel engines used in off-road equipment beginning in 2011.
Groups such as the Associated Equipment Distributors, Association of Equipment Manufacturers, American Rental Association, Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association and North American Equipment Dealers Association collaborated with the Diesel Technology Forum on the Tier 4 FAQ report. The report includes emissions tables, technical graphics and other resources.
The report answered questions such as, “How will the new Tier 4 engines be different from previous engines?”, “Do the new Tier 4 engines require different fuel?” and “What additional dealer diagnostic equipment will be needed?”
The report can be downloaded here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency509 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'408 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill394 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs355 Views
- AGC: Cars crashed into 45% of highway contractors' work zones in 2013253 Views