Oberstar out, Chip Cravaack takes over
It looks like it’s out with the old and in with the new.
After serving eighteen terms, House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Sen. James “Jim” Oberstar (D-Minn.) has lost to Republican Chip Cravaack.
Oberstar lost by just more than 4,000 votes, according to a Politico.com report.
Oberstar becomes the third chairman to be ousted from office, joining Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt of South Carolina and Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton of Missouri, Politico.com reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014570 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding480 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable352 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future325 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields273 Views