Oberstar out, Chip Cravaack takes over
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 3, 2010
It looks like it’s out with the old and in with the new.
After serving eighteen terms, House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Sen. James “Jim” Oberstar (D-Minn.) has lost to Republican Chip Cravaack.
Oberstar lost by just more than 4,000 votes, according to a Politico.com report.
Oberstar becomes the third chairman to be ousted from office, joining Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt of South Carolina and Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton of Missouri, Politico.com reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident989 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse567 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side556 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?514 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views