Oberstar out, Chip Cravaack takes over
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 3, 2010
It looks like it’s out with the old and in with the new.
After serving eighteen terms, House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Sen. James “Jim” Oberstar (D-Minn.) has lost to Republican Chip Cravaack.
Oberstar lost by just more than 4,000 votes, according to a Politico.com report.
Oberstar becomes the third chairman to be ousted from office, joining Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt of South Carolina and Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton of Missouri, Politico.com reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts504 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse342 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster115 Views
- $163 billion needed annually to fix aging surface transportation system101 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views