Obama’s $447 billion proposal will ‘provide a jolt to an economy that has stalled’
However, a notable step toward additional highway funding that was somewhat lost in the shuffle of Obama’s address, was the Senate committee’s approval earlier on Sept. 8 of a short-term extension of SAFETEA-LU, the highway spending bill that authorizes Congress to collect the federal gas tax. The measure is the eighth extension of the act, which expired Sept. 30 2009.
MORE FROM Economics
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)461 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says256 Views