Obama taps Victor Mendez for deputy transportation secretary, Peter Rogoff for under secretary for policy
Amanda Bayhi | May 15, 2014
The White House on Wednesday announced who President Barack Obama intends to nominate for the open deputy transportation secretary and under secretary for policy positions.
Obama has tapped Federal Highway Administrator Victor Mendez as deputy secretary for transportation. Mendez has been federal highway administrator since 2009 and took on his temporary position as acting deputy secretary of transportation since 2013.
He succeeds John Porcari.
The president also announced his intent to nominate Federal Transit Administrator Peter Rogoff for under secretary for policy. Rogoff has been federal transit administrator since 2009. He began in a temporary capacity as acting under secretary for policy earlier this year.
Rogoff succeed Polly Trottenberg, who left the DOT to work as transportation commissioner for New York City.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong864 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views