Obama signs defense bill which extends highway spending through February
Pres. Barack Obama signed the U.S. Department of Defense appropriations bill, which includes an extension of current surface transportation law (SAFETEA-LU) through February 28, 2010, according to a report from the American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA).
The U.S. Senate approved the House-passed measure on Saturday by a vote of 88-10, according to the ACPA report. House and Senate negotiations for a longer-term extension are expected to take place early next year.
MORE FROM Economics
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141020 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields348 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers268 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG266 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future265 Views