Obama signs defense bill which extends highway spending through February
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 21, 2009
Pres. Barack Obama signed the U.S. Department of Defense appropriations bill, which includes an extension of current surface transportation law (SAFETEA-LU) through February 28, 2010, according to a report from the American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA).
The U.S. Senate approved the House-passed measure on Saturday by a vote of 88-10, according to the ACPA report. House and Senate negotiations for a longer-term extension are expected to take place early next year.
MORE FROM Economics
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2269 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority623 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles582 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views