Obama signs defense bill which extends highway spending through February
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 21, 2009
Pres. Barack Obama signed the U.S. Department of Defense appropriations bill, which includes an extension of current surface transportation law (SAFETEA-LU) through February 28, 2010, according to a report from the American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA).
The U.S. Senate approved the House-passed measure on Saturday by a vote of 88-10, according to the ACPA report. House and Senate negotiations for a longer-term extension are expected to take place early next year.
MORE FROM Economics
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]896 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong803 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths748 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers629 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road479 Views