Obama signs defense bill which extends highway spending through February
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 21, 2009
Pres. Barack Obama signed the U.S. Department of Defense appropriations bill, which includes an extension of current surface transportation law (SAFETEA-LU) through February 28, 2010, according to a report from the American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA).
The U.S. Senate approved the House-passed measure on Saturday by a vote of 88-10, according to the ACPA report. House and Senate negotiations for a longer-term extension are expected to take place early next year.
MORE FROM Economics
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident854 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?569 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds532 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes457 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side456 Views