Obama signs defense bill which extends highway spending through February
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 21, 2009
Pres. Barack Obama signed the U.S. Department of Defense appropriations bill, which includes an extension of current surface transportation law (SAFETEA-LU) through February 28, 2010, according to a report from the American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA).
The U.S. Senate approved the House-passed measure on Saturday by a vote of 88-10, according to the ACPA report. House and Senate negotiations for a longer-term extension are expected to take place early next year.
MORE FROM Economics
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike109 Views