Obama signs defense bill which extends highway spending through February
Pres. Barack Obama signed the U.S. Department of Defense appropriations bill, which includes an extension of current surface transportation law (SAFETEA-LU) through February 28, 2010, according to a report from the American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA).
The U.S. Senate approved the House-passed measure on Saturday by a vote of 88-10, according to the ACPA report. House and Senate negotiations for a longer-term extension are expected to take place early next year.
MORE FROM Economics
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)406 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)374 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots295 Views