Obama expected to nominate Anthony Foxx as transportation secretary
Amanda Bayhi | April 29, 2013
President Obama is expected to nominate Anthony Foxx, mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, as his new transportation secretary today, USA Today reported.
If the Senate approves, Foxx will replace Ray LaHood.
Foxx has led several transit infrastructure efforts in his city, including the Charlotte Streetcar Project, a third parallel runway at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport and a proposed extension of the LYNX light rail system.
Foxx was first elected mayor in 2009, and he has served as a member of the Charlotte City Council.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1215 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1047 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse742 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...737 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones506 Views