Obama expected to nominate Anthony Foxx as transportation secretary
Amanda Bayhi | April 29, 2013
President Obama is expected to nominate Anthony Foxx, mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, as his new transportation secretary today, USA Today reported.
If the Senate approves, Foxx will replace Ray LaHood.
Foxx has led several transit infrastructure efforts in his city, including the Charlotte Streetcar Project, a third parallel runway at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport and a proposed extension of the LYNX light rail system.
Foxx was first elected mayor in 2009, and he has served as a member of the Charlotte City Council.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]915 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong856 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths745 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus380 Views