Obama expected to nominate Anthony Foxx as transportation secretary
Amanda Bayhi | April 29, 2013
President Obama is expected to nominate Anthony Foxx, mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, as his new transportation secretary today, USA Today reported.
If the Senate approves, Foxx will replace Ray LaHood.
Foxx has led several transit infrastructure efforts in his city, including the Charlotte Streetcar Project, a third parallel runway at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport and a proposed extension of the LYNX light rail system.
Foxx was first elected mayor in 2009, and he has served as a member of the Charlotte City Council.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident874 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?554 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds497 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side471 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes447 Views