NTEA: TerraStar 4×4 debuts at Work Truck Show
Jack Roberts | March 7, 2013
Live coverage from NTEA: The Work Truck Show 2013
INDIANAPOLIS–International has finally unveiled its much anticipated four-wheel drive TerraStar vocational truck.
This new TerraStar model features a 300 horsepower, 6.8 liter, V-8 engine cranking out 660 pound-feet of torque. International has specifically targeted construction, utility, landscaping and other off-highway applications as the niche markets for this truck.
The TerraStar 4×4 features an Allison Optimized 1000 Series automatic transmission, aluminum step package and a Class 8 style tilt-away hood for easy access to the engine. To ensure durability in tough, off-road conditions, International opted to place the truck on 80,000 psi frame rails fastened in place with huck bolts. The commercial-grade cab is designed to resist cracking under heavy loads and rough terrain.
Jack Roberts is executive editor of trucks/truck equipment for Randall-Reilly, parent company of Better Roads.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency524 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'396 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs371 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River299 Views