NTEA: TerraStar 4x4 debuts at Work Truck Show
Jack Roberts | March 7, 2013
Live coverage from NTEA: The Work Truck Show 2013
INDIANAPOLIS–International has finally unveiled its much anticipated four-wheel drive TerraStar vocational truck.
This new TerraStar model features a 300 horsepower, 6.8 liter, V-8 engine cranking out 660 pound-feet of torque. International has specifically targeted construction, utility, landscaping and other off-highway applications as the niche markets for this truck.
The TerraStar 4×4 features an Allison Optimized 1000 Series automatic transmission, aluminum step package and a Class 8 style tilt-away hood for easy access to the engine. To ensure durability in tough, off-road conditions, International opted to place the truck on 80,000 psi frame rails fastened in place with huck bolts. The commercial-grade cab is designed to resist cracking under heavy loads and rough terrain.
Jack Roberts is executive editor of trucks/truck equipment for Randall-Reilly, parent company of Better Roads.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views