NTEA: Siemens localizes production of ELFA hybrid traction electric drive systems
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 6, 2013
Siemens has localized production of its ELFA hybrid traction electric drive systems to its manufacturing plant located in Alpharetta, Ga., a move that the company says allows a quicker response to the production and service needs of its customers in North America, as well as meeting “Buy America” compliance.
The company has begun production of inverters, inductors and voltage protection modules this month, as well as the assembly of its electric drive systems within roof rack configurations for transit buses.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?189 Views