NTEA: Siemens localizes production of ELFA hybrid traction electric drive systems
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 6, 2013
Siemens has localized production of its ELFA hybrid traction electric drive systems to its manufacturing plant located in Alpharetta, Ga., a move that the company says allows a quicker response to the production and service needs of its customers in North America, as well as meeting “Buy America” compliance.
The company has begun production of inverters, inductors and voltage protection modules this month, as well as the assembly of its electric drive systems within roof rack configurations for transit buses.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?438 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views