NTEA: Siemens localizes production of ELFA hybrid traction electric drive systems
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 6, 2013
Siemens has localized production of its ELFA hybrid traction electric drive systems to its manufacturing plant located in Alpharetta, Ga., a move that the company says allows a quicker response to the production and service needs of its customers in North America, as well as meeting “Buy America” compliance.
The company has begun production of inverters, inductors and voltage protection modules this month, as well as the assembly of its electric drive systems within roof rack configurations for transit buses.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River464 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business374 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving334 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice303 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness272 Views