NTEA: Siemens localizes production of ELFA hybrid traction electric drive systems
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 6, 2013
Siemens has localized production of its ELFA hybrid traction electric drive systems to its manufacturing plant located in Alpharetta, Ga., a move that the company says allows a quicker response to the production and service needs of its customers in North America, as well as meeting “Buy America” compliance.
The company has begun production of inverters, inductors and voltage protection modules this month, as well as the assembly of its electric drive systems within roof rack configurations for transit buses.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system422 Views
- Driver Beware: America's 5 most haunted roads215 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass206 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Ray LaHood: 'We need a big pot of money' to fix America’s roads and bridges150 Views