NTEA: Siemens localizes production of ELFA hybrid traction electric drive systems
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 6, 2013
Siemens has localized production of its ELFA hybrid traction electric drive systems to its manufacturing plant located in Alpharetta, Ga., a move that the company says allows a quicker response to the production and service needs of its customers in North America, as well as meeting “Buy America” compliance.
The company has begun production of inverters, inductors and voltage protection modules this month, as well as the assembly of its electric drive systems within roof rack configurations for transit buses.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts548 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse367 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches78 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects69 Views