NTEA: Ford F-550 chassis cab powered by propane autogas revealed
INDIANAPOLIS–ROUSH CleanTech and Green Alternative Systems (GAS) revealed the new Ford F-550 chassis cab powered by clean, economical propane autogas on March 7 at the NTEA Work Truck Show.
With more than 65 usable gallons, this vehicle offers the longest driving range of any dedicated alternative fuel counterpart on the market, according to the manufacturer. The fuel tank sits between the frame rails and behind the aft axle. Customizable to carry up to 33 passengers as a shuttle, the Ford F-550 also suits the delivery, construction, transit and utility markets. Equipped with a 6.8-liter, V10 engine, the propane autogas alternative fuel system is available beginning with 2013 model year vehicles or newer.
GAS, a certified Ford Qualified Vehicle Modifier (QVM) installer, designs mounting hardware, handles packaging strategy and integrates ROUSH CleanTech propane autogas fuel system technology into the F-550 chassis cab. The vehicles maintain the factory Ford warranty and the same horsepower, torque and towing capacity as their gasoline counterparts.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)823 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects588 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D347 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says259 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers247 Views