Nominate an asphalt project for NAPA’s awards program
Amanda Bayhi | April 2, 2014
The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) has begun accepting nominations for its Quality in Construction and Operational Excellence Awards.
To make a nomination, go to asphaltpavement.org/awards. The deadline to nominate a project for the Quality in Construction Awards is Oct. 7, while nominations for the Operational Excellence Awards should be submitted by Dec. 8.
The Quality in Construction Award recognizes pavements in three categories:
Asphalt pavement using more than 50,000 tons
General asphalt projects using less than 50,000 tons
The award also recognizes projects using sustainable paving practices and innovation. NAPA will highlight Quality in Construction Award winners at its 2015 Annual Meeting in January.
The Operational Excellence Award recognizes NAPA member companies for best practices in asphalt operations, safety, community relations, ecological practices and marketing. NAPA will announce Operational Excellence Award winners at its 2015 Midyear Meeting.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?191 Views